- The goal of this oriented program encourages students to match a metronome beat with specific hand and foot exercises, and provides real-time feedback in milliseconds.
Metronome therapy makes a proven difference in the following areas:
- Working memory- the ability to story information and ideas. Critical for word recognition, reading comprehension, and following instructions.
- Attention- the ability to focus on a specific task and ignore distractions. Essential for academic work, sports, and daily activities.
- Processing- the rate at which a person can accurately understand and use information.
- Sequencing- the ability to arrange information in correct order. Imperative for time management, analytical thinking and math skills.
- Motor coordination- the ability to combine motor movements to accomplish an intended task such as riding a bike, tying a shoe or hitting a tennis or golf ball.
Integrated Listening Systems (iLs)
- iLs is a multi-sensory program for improving brain function.
- The mission of iLs is to help individuals of all ages elevate their quality of life by improving brain function and emotional resilience through music, movement, technology and education.
- We use iLs to help organize the brain and enhance auditory and visual processing as well as, fine and gross motor skills.
- Lindamood Bell is a reading program based on the principals of Samuel T Orton and Anna Gillingham.
- Pat Lindamood developed this program in the 1980’s to help her students with auditory processing difficulty and weak phonemic awareness.
- The LIPS part of Lindamood Bell addresses the needs of students who need to develop phonemic awareness.
- The Seeing Stars portion is based on the principal that Symbol Imagery helps embed the phoneme grapheme relationship and helps student improve their reading and spelling of sight words.
- The Visualizing and Verbalizing Program builds visualization skills and verbalization of what is visualized. It helps with reading comprehension, written expression, brain organization, and some executive function skills.
- The On Cloud Nine Math program takes math and brings it to the foundational level to help children visualize the number line and develop numeracy.
- A program utilizing headphones with bone conduction and air conduction worn by clinician and student to enhance speech, language and auditory skills.
Safe and Sound Protocol
- The Safe and Sound Protocol is a program developed by Stephen Porges using the Polyvagal Theory that uses remastered music to relax the vagus nerve and stimulate brain integration to help individuals be better equipped to partake in the diverse set of therapies and programs offered here at the Brain Train